Invited Talks and Panels
home | bio | talks | service | publications | personal
- “A Model-Based Design Perspective on Challenges and Opportunities in Automated Software Certification,” 20th Software Certification Consortium (SCC) Steering Committe Meeting, Annapolis, MD, USA. May 2019. Hosts: Alan Wassyng and Mark Lawford, Organizers. [Slides]
- “Specification Formalisms for Cyber-Physical Systems: A Tools Perspective,” Dagstuhl Workshop on Specification Formalisms for Modern Cyber-Physical Systems, Dagstuhl, Germany. February 2019. Hosts: Jyotirmoy Deshmukh, Oded Maler, Dejan Nickovic, Workshop Organizers.
- “Graphical Modeling of Hybrid Systems with Simulink and Stateflow,” Workshop honoring the retirement of Prof. Bruce Krogh, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, May 2018. Host: Prof. Bruno Sinopoli, Workshop Chair.
- “A Vision for Application-Focused International Collaboration Networks in Cyber-Physical Systems,”, an NSF Visioning Workshop on International Networks for Advancing CPS Research, Development, and Education Worldwide, part of CPS Week 2018, Porto, Portugal, April 2018. Hosts: Seta Bogosyan (NSF), Frankie King (Vanderbilt University), Ralph Wachter (NSF), Workshop Organizers.
- “Heterogeneous Model-Based Design of Tomorrow’s Cyber-Physical Systems,” ECE Department Colloquia Series, Tufts University, Medford, MA, November 2017. Host: Prof. Usman Khan. [Slides]
- “Model-Based Design of Next Generation Cyber-Physical Systems,” LIDS, IDSS, MITei, Lincoln Labs, NSF and IWR Workshop on Rethinking Modeling, Simulations and Control for the Changing Electric Energy Industry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Camridge, MA, September 2017. Hosts: Prof. Marija Ilic and Prof. Ekaterina Kostina. [Slides]
- “Challenges and Opportunities for Intelligent Transportation Systems,” Robotica 2017, Newton, MA, June 2017. Host: Dr. Waseem Naqvi, AUVSI New England Chapter President (Chair). [Slides]
- “Model-Based Design of Connected Autonomous Vehicles,” 2nd IEEE Summer School on Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (ConAV), Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA, USA. May 2017. Hosts: Prof. Alexander Wyglinski and Prof. Raghvendra Cowlagi (Program Chairs). [Slides]
- “Model-Based Design Challenges for Cyber-Physical Systems,”, Expeditions in Computer Augmented Program Engineering (ExCAPE) Principal Investigators’ (PI) Meeting], University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA. May 2017. Host: Prof. Rajeev Alur (Principal Investigator). [Slides]
- “Safety in Freely-Composed Cyber-Physical Systems—Challenges and Opportunities,” with Pieter Mosterman, Exploring the Dimensions of Trustworthiness: Challenges and Opportunities Workshop, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Gaithersburg, MD, USA. August, 2016. Host: Dr. Edward Griffor (Program Chair). [Slides | video recording]
- “Recent Advancements in MathWorks Verification and Validation Tools and Techniques,” CPS V&V I&F Workshop, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA. May 2016. Host: Prof. Andre Platzer. [Talk Abstract]
- “Robustness of Temporal Logic Specifications for Testing of Signals,” Specification and Verification Center Seminar, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA. August 2008. Host: Prof. Ed Clarke. [Talk Abstract | Slides]
- “Verification of Systems Using Robust Temporal Logic Testing,” Specification and Verification Center Seminar, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, USA. August 2008. Host: Prof. Ed Clarke. [Talk Abstract | Slides]
- Panelist on the topic of “What are the challenges posed to CPS theory by modern applications?”, Joint HSCC-ICCPS Panel, part of CPS Week 2018.
- Panelist on the topic of Hybrid Simulation for Cyber Physical Systems – Where are we Going Regarding Complexity, Intelligence, and Adaptability of CPS Using Simulation, Symposium on M&S of Complex, Intelligent, Adaptive and Autonomous Systems (MSCIAAS) panel at Spring Simulation Multi-Conference (SpringSim) 2018.
- Panelist on the topic of Why do we need holistic concern-driven engineering? at the NIST CPS Framework Open Source Workshop, September 2017.
- Panelist on the topic of Safe Control of Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, 1st Workshop on Safe Control of Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (SCAV), affiliated with Cyber-Physical Systems Week (CPS Week) 2017, April 2017. [Picture, Workshop Report]